How's the weather over there?

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Bonobo

Two albums's which go on my list of "music I can't live without," "Dial M for Monkey" and "Animal Magic" from Simon Green's Bonobo project are luscious trip-hop soundscapes that blend the soulful drumline's of a slightly more conservative DJ Shadow (think The Preemptive Strike) and the artistic melodies of The Gotan Project. If you were to record the music that runs through my head when I'm not listening to anything at the moment this would be it.

I can't recommend these two albums highly enough. They are sodding fantastic.

If you like instrumental hip-hop at all, and I mean even a little bit, pick these up.

Animal Magic
Dial M for Monkey

3 Comments:

  • Gimme gimme! Can I have a copy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • Sure. I'll hook you up next time I see you.

    By Blogger droo5ki, at 10:50 PM  

  • Which is Saturday, right? Unless you're free tomorrow?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home