How's the weather over there?

Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Day in the Life...

And what did you do today?

Noonish:
Woke up. Put on some pants. Grabbed a cup of coffee. Smoked a cigarette.

20 Minutes Later...
Called Ad. Figured out what we were going to do today. Got invited to dinner.

5 minutes after that.
Called Super S. Told her I couldn't make it out tonight because of dinner. Felt guilty for flaking for the 3rd time.

12:30p
Took a shower.

15 minutes later...
Called Ad. Told him I was on my way.

5 minutes after that:
Found out I needed to put gas in the truck. Called Ad back. Told him I was going to be late. Luckily so was he.

About 1:15p
Met Ad at Pasta Pomodoro. Ordered Verdure vegetable something or other. It was brussel sprouts, asparagus, spinach and broccoli tossed with olive oil and garlic. Added whole wheat penne to it. Found chicken in it. Got grossed out. Ate it anyway.

An hour later...
Went to Crown Billiards in San Ramon. Played 8 ball and 9 ball. Sucked at both. Saw a cute girl. She put "Ex-Girlfriend" by No Doubt on the jukebox. I lost interest. We left.

4'ish
Went to Barnes and Noble in Pleasanton. I bought Mind Hacks.

Around 4:30
We went to PW market and picked up Portobello mushrooms and Pine Mountain fireplace logs.

5 O'Clock PM
Went to Ad's house. Drank some beer and ate some kettle corn. Met a friend of Ad's.

6 or so...
The making of crepe's for dinner began.

7:20 PM
Found a football game on TV. Atlas vs. Guadalajara. 2-1. I wasn't very interested. Atlas plays a boring game. Feeds the ball out to the wings for crosses way way to frequently.

10 minutes later,
Found out Ad's friend wants me to meet her niece. If you know what I mean. Become curious if the niece is cute. Somehow manage to not only agree to being set up but also to taking salsa lessons at some point.

8'ish.
Soup's on.

On or about 9 and half PM
Put on a movie. Say Anything.

Midnight
Movie's over. Time to go home.

12:30 AM
Finally leave.

1 in the AM
Get home. Watch the end of Rocky 2 with my parents. Contemplate sleep. Download the most recent episodes of Numb3rs and Johnny Zero instead.

Now.
Post to my weblog. Listen to Bonobo. Read about what happend to MIA, thats why you gotta clear samples. Always clear your samples.

So what did you do tonight?

Postscript
As some of you might know, the power steering pump on the Ranchero recently went out. Distraught, I locked my keys in the truck--the only set. Luckily my dad is a smoove criminal and managed to get them out in less than 30 seconds. I had to stop him before he hot wired the Ranchero too. Apparently old habits die hard.

God I love that guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home